Torpedo is a Russian professional football club from Moscow. Founded on August 17, 1924, on the basis of the football team RDPK (working Palace «Proletarian Forge»).
Since 1938, the club has performed exclusively in the highest division of the country, winning many titles and awards. In 2006, the club took 15th place in the championship standings and left the Premier League.
Since 2017, the main shareholder of the club is Roman Avdeev. After the change of shareholder, the team returned to their home stadium Torpedo named after E. Streltsov.
Official website of FC Torpedo: torpedo.ru
The stadium was built in 1959 with the active participation of Muscovites who enthusiastically came to help the builders. The opening of the stadium took place on September 7, 1960.
Initially, the stadium was used as a training base for the football team of the ZIL — Moscow torpedo plant. The first match at the stadium took place on April 15, 1977, in the USSR championship, “Torpedo” — “Chernomorets”.
Until 1976, the stadium had only one tribune, which was located on the slope of the mountain adjacent to the field. After the reconstruction, held shortly before the Moscow Olympics, it began to accommodate 16,000 spectators.
From 1978 to 1997 – home stadium “Torpedo”.
July 21, 1997, stadium was named after the legendary torpedo Eduard Streltsov.
Currently, the sport center named after E. A. Streltsov is owned Sports Fund “Torpedo” (no SF “torpedo”).
In the coming years, it is planned to completely reconstruct the stadium to meet all international standards.